2.13.2013

Caption It! Contest at How is Bradley?

Long-time followers know I love a good writercize accompanied by an image. Pictures are not only powerful communication tools - they are great fun to inspire captions and stories!

Today I ran across a post by a true to life friend that I wanted to share with all of you. He is starting up a weekly "Caption It" contest on his "How is Bradley?" blog. 

The blog in general is an invaluable resource for anyone struggling with bipolar disorder or weight loss - he is an honest and perceptive voice - but, the Caption It contest is all about humor. Brad is a really funny guy, and I always appreciate his unique ability to laugh in the face of adversity. 

I am fortunate to not face bipolar disorder or weight loss in my own life, but I certainly have family and friends whom I love and adore who deal with one or the other, and that portion of his blog helps me gain a deeper understanding of what they are dealing with.

Beyond that, I hope you will join me every Wednesday for a little humor with Brad as we find out what in the world he may ask us to caption. I won't totally give this week's photo away, because I want you to see it for yourself, but let's just say there is booty shaking and grumpy old men. Now, go. Have fun with it! I can't wait to see what you come up with!

6 comments:

  1. Great post, Alana. I appreciate everything you said.

    Brad

    www.howisbradley.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting concept for a blog. Also appreciate those helping others like your friend, Brad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are awesome Alana. Glad to know about Brad and it's so wonderful that you're helping in a great cause!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know how I love a good prompt. :) And Bradley is truly a wonderful guy - one of the biggest hearts I know.

      Delete

I love reading your feedback and your writercize results! Please feel free to leave your website address at the end of your comment. I will delete spam, but welcome writers and bloggers to share their sites with the writercize community.