3.31.2012

#WeekendWritercize 9 - Broken Powers

Welcome to the 9th edition of the #WeekendWritercize competition!
Join in and spread the word to friends and family! 

(...and if you haven't had a chance to read entries from past weeks, check them out on the #WeekendWritercize tab - some seriously talented folks like to play)



writercize: Write a scene about a character who has a special power that seems to be broken.

To enter the competition, leave your entry as a comment below. Be sure to include your Twitter handle and link to your blog or website. Tweet and Facebook fellow entries using the hashtag #WeekendWritercize.

Since this blog is used by teachers and students, I kindly request that you abstain from profanity and gratuitous violence. (In other words, keep it PG-13.) If your story can't be told without, just provide a link to your post on your own website along with a disclaimer.

Competition closes at 11:59 p.m. Sunday night (Pacific time). Winner announced sometime Monday, often knocking on midnight's door.

This week's winner and honorable mention(s) will receive a #WeekendWritercize Winner badge to proudly display on their website.

9 comments:

  1. Hey! Sorry, I'm way too fried from editing to write a scene at the moment, but I wanted to drop a note and wish you much luck and happiness with the A-Z challenge in April!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx. Luck to you too! It should be a good month. :)

      Delete
  2. Hi Alana, stopping in from the A to Z Challenge. Its still not too late to participate with the letter B tomorrow. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Still not too late to start with A for today! I just put it up. :) I'm generally a night blogger, so all you morning visitors will see my previous day's letter I suppose!

      Delete
  3. Hi Alana!
    Hope you're doing fine. Just doing my first rounds of the A-Z challenge. Ack!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Posting for Aurora Lee via Twitter: aurora-lee.ca/Creative/?=p1400

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. (Here is the full text:)

      Once upon a time, I was a princess, living in Camelot with Prince Charming. Okay, so the metaphors are all messed up, but you get the point. That’s how I felt – life was perfect. Everything was perfect and the future – our future – seemed so perfect.

      But fairy tales aren’t real and I should have known that from the start. I’ve lost my prince. I had the power, just with my eyes, to make him smile or laugh or tell me he loved me. That power is gone, broken. I can’t reach him at all, even though I can reach out and touch him. It’s like he’s locked in a prison of his own body.

      I feel like I’ve been thrust back into the regular world; everything seems dark and scary and hopeless. My princess fairy tale has turned into Grimm’s horror story.

      Delete

I love reading your feedback and your writercize results! Please feel free to leave your website address at the end of your comment. I will delete spam, but welcome writers and bloggers to share their sites with the writercize community.